Summer Quinoa Bowl
This quinoa bowl is easily prepared, refreshing and features summer seasonal ingredients. This recipe serves one, but can be easily duplicated to serve many or to make meals in advance (hello meal planning!). Quinoa has one of the highest protein contents in a plant-based source, making it an excellent option for vegetarians, vegans and "Meatless Monday" meals. Combined with the vegetables, strawberries and goat cheese, all of your macro nutrients are balanced to keep you satisfied and energized!
- 1/2 c. cooked quinoa (we use I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa)
- 1 c. spinach leaves
- 1/4 large cucumber, cubed (roughly 1/4 c.)
- 3-4 medium-size strawberries, sliced or chopped
- 1 T. goat cheese (can substitute plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Lemon Basil Dressing
- 1/2 c. fresh basil
- Juice of 1 whole lemon or 3-4 drops Améo Lemon essential oil mixed with 2 T. water
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
>Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool. Can make bulk amount of quinoa and use all week for meal planning.
>Arrange quinoa, spinach, cucumber, strawberries and goat cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
>Blend together all Lemon Basil Dressing ingredients in a food processor or small blender.
>Drizzle quinoa bowl with 2-3 T. dressing.
>Best served chilled. Enjoy!
Serves: 1 | Will have leftover dressing
T. = tablespoon| t. = teaspoon